Thursday, May 12, 2011

Class of 2011 Reese's Cupcakes

For a class of 2011 graduation party, I made these Reese's Cupcakes with a chocolate cupcake (baked with a miniature Reese's inside) and topped it with a most decadent peanut butter cream cheese frosting, chocolate shavings and a chocolate cap (made out of Reese's minis and Hersheys). I also made a vanilla cupcake with a chocolate buttercream. I must say, the Reese's ones turned out good enough that I got individual orders to make them again.




I can't believe that I've been graduated from high school seven years and have not been to college since 2007! Time sure flies. Congrats to all the seniors/graduates of both college and high school!


I learned this time that it is so much nicer to frost cupcakes AFTER they've been put in their double liners, taken out and arranged then put back into the container. Since I'm a bit of a perfectionist, I get so frustrated if one little bit gets smeared or smooshed or brushed against another. I also learned that cream cheese makes almost every frosting better! I learned how to make cupcakes more moist, when to take them out of the fridge before serving them, and that you can't have too much frosting (unless it's a filled cupcake, but even that's rare).


No comments:

Post a Comment