Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cake Decorating Class

For Christmas, my genius husband bought me hundreds of dollars worth of cake supplies and a cake decorating class at Michael's. Did I learn a lot here or what?! I had never done a cake with tips before and had never completely smoothed a cake either. I learned how to make all sorts of flowers, how to smoothly frost with parchment paper, how to fill, cut and border a cake and how to make many different kinds of frostings. We learned how to make cookies, cupcakes and did two of our own cakes. We never touched fondant in the class and I learned not to be afraid of frosting! Big props to those decorators who DON'T use fondant. It's a LOT harder to make your cake look professional with just frosting and a spatula! Thank you Ammon!

No comments:

Post a Comment