Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Baby Shower Cupcakes

Strawberry Cupcake with a Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
Chocolate Cupcake with a Vanilla Blue Buttercream
Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcake with a Lemon Glaze and a fondant bib
I got a call to make 50 cupcakes for a combined baby shower. Since they would be having both boy and girl, I knew I needed to do something with both pink and blue. The other request was chocolate so I came up with doing a lemon poppy seed and a strawberry. It was a toss up which one won this round between the lemon or strawberry. I had a lot of fun with this order because it was JUST cupcakes. I have found that I stress about the cake more than the cupcakes (since it's bigger and usually the hit of the event), but this was fun because not only was it for a shower but just cupcakes!



I learned to always make more than what you plan. I only needed 15 fondant bibs, but I made 18. Good thing because two broke! Another thing I learned? Tying a bow around the cupcake adds SO much, especially if you're trying to tell the world you're having a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment