Saturday, April 9, 2011

It's a Girl Monkey Cake Pops

For a baby girl shower (just happens to be a new niece for me! Yay!), my sister-in-law was having it monkey-themed. I really wanted to tie in the whole "girly" theme somehow and decided last minute to make these adorable little bows. Because of Bakerella, I am learning so much about how to make small things minute. The hardest part of these was the mouth because again, the edible pen didn't work. It seems these should be called fondant writers because I can't seem to get them to work on much else! The mouth is a peanut butter candy melt, the ears are jumbo confetti sprinkles, the eyes Reese's morsels. A chocolate cake with chocolate frosting all dipped in chocolate. I have to say these were my favorite tasting cake pop I've tried yet!


I learned that I need more time than I ever allot!

No comments:

Post a Comment