Sunday, April 24, 2011

Chick Cake Pops

Everyone has seen these before and I can't even say how adorable they are! They are so much cuter in person. I actually made these little chicks for my class at church (the kids are all 8 and 9 year olds) and I love getting to practice on them. They are always grateful for anything edible and it gives me the chance to do cool things for really no other reason but that it's a Sunday! These pops were actually just the cake (no frosting mixed with crumbled cake for those fans of the popular taste) because I got an early Easter gift from friends who know me too well. They got me a Babycakes Cake Pop Maker that makes 12 pops in seriously less than five minutes! It's an amazing contraption and I'm amazed that they have gotten popular enough to have a whole maker for them! Thanks to the Jensens for their thoughtful gift (do they know me or what?!).


I learned that with these kind of cake pops, it takes some getting used to with this type of consistency. I've made cake pops dozens of times before but was so used to the from-the-freezer texture that I really had to adapt to the "just cake" pop. They tasted great (even funfetti for the kids) though and it gives me an excuse to make just a few if I need. I learned to make more than you need in case of wandering husbands!

1 comment: