Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Nutella Cupcakes/Cherry Almond Cupcakes/Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Nutella Cupcakes with a Nutella/Peanut Butter/Cream Cheese Twirl
Cherry Almond Cupcakes
Chocolate Chip Cupcakes


To go along with the Over the Hill cake, I made 72 cupcakes for all the faculty. I tried a new Nutella cupcake recipe than the one I have before and it didn't turn out as moist as I would've liked. The frosting was amazing, but with have a three-twirl of cream cheese, peanut butter and Nutella frosting all in one bite, why wouldn't it taste great? I personally loved the look of the cherry almond cupcake the most out of the three because of the crisp French tip I used. And the chocolate chip cupcake was actually the most moist and turned out much better than I thought it would. For some reason, a chocolate chip cupcake is so much better than a chocolate chip cookie and we all know how wonderful those are. I used Martha Stewart's recipe for these and I couldn't have been more pleased with them.

What I learned this time around...HOW absolutely frustrating it is to have to make MORE frosting after you're already done. The cherry frosting ran out after frosting half of them! I learned it's always better to have more than not enough. I am also learning more and more about how to charge people. I can't just charge for materials when I will literally be in the kitchen for 10 hours that day. All in all, I think the order was a success and I am looking forward to working more with them in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment