Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Vanilla/Chocolate/Cinnamon Cupcakes

Vanilla Cupcake with Vanilla Butter Frosting
Chocolate Cupcake with Chocolate Buttercream
Chocolate Cinnamon Cupcake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream Frosting



I was again able to take along cupcakes for all the faculty with the new teacher cake. (I need a job at this school!) This time I thought I'd go with a chocolate cupcake and a vanilla cupcake because some people are just those plain types. Then, as probably my favorite cupcake I've made this far, I made a cinnamon chocolate cupcake. And I actually used a boxed cake mix this time (with plenty of add-ins of course) and I think this one stole the show. Although the vanilla cupcake recipe I have has got to be the best cupcake recipe I have bar none. I love the crunch on the top and the simple syrup keeps the cupcake moist. I didn't finish these until 4 am because I had a disaster. As I was transferring the vanilla cupcakes into the fridge, the boxed collapsed. I had to refrost all 24!

I learned that double-lining the cupcakes make them so much cuter and also, probably the best lesson...things happen in the kitchen! I just recently got a new Duff pan and on the back he says prepare for mistakes. Boy did I need that advice when the whole box collapsed. I learned that I definitely need to invest in some better actual cupcake boxes. And I learned what a great thing it is to have a husband and brother who help with the delivery. They both work graveyards so it is so nice to have them help me at the drop of a hat so early in the morning. My husband jokes that he wants to get a big truck like Buddy has on Cake Boss. Will it come to that? What an awesome dream!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! every single one if these posts is amazing and you will have your own truck someday! Tell ammon to get ready! You are seriously so talented! Love my sister so much! You are the best baker and decorator I know! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I come to you from Sloane Hadfield and I am a cake nut. I LOVE cake and cupcakes and try to make my own but alas I always like others better. I am a big sucker for red velvet cake balls. Do you make those and if so how much for a dozen? Let me know asap. redshoes595@hotmail.com oh and I really hope you are in Vegas because that would be very sad if you were not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Chelsea! I am impressed!!! Rock on! ;)

    ReplyDelete